The Benefits Of Having Magnesium
Last updated on March 23, 2023
In addition to taking care of your spinal health with a well-balanced diet and regular exercise, receiving chiropractic treatment can also be beneficial in preventing and alleviating back pain. The spine’s bones, muscles, and other structures require proper nutrition to support the body’s overall function and healing. Supplements like magnesium can aid in nourishing the body and improving spinal health, but chiropractic treatment can provide targeted care to address specific issues and promote optimal spinal health.
Magnesium is important for energy production, muscular contraction, and protein synthesis and helps improve bone mineral density. It can be stored in different areas of the body, 35% is stored in muscle tissue and 50-60% is found in the bone.
Magnesium is a key mineral in the structure of the bone matrix, it helps your body absorb calcium. Some research has shown that arthritis and osteoporosis could be due to magnesium deficiencies.
Did you know, having low magnesium can also increase stress?
Magnesium has many benefits such as;
- Helping with muscle cramping: This is the most common use of magnesium. Cramping of the muscles in the body could be caused by a deficiency of magnesium. Therefore, including a magnesium supplement in your diet, may help in relaxing the postural muscles surrounding the spine.
- Improve sleep: Magnesium has a muscle-relaxing effect, it is often used to relieve tension in the body before sleeping.
- Reducing anxiety and stress.
- Improve energy levels and fatigue.
- Stronger bones and therefore, less susceptible to injuries.
The recommended daily intake of magnesium for those over the age of 19 ranges from 400mg to 420mg for men and 310mg to 320mg for women per day.
What food contains magnesium
Magnesium can be found in green leafy vegetables (spinach, kale), fish, beans, seeds, nuts, yoghurt, avocados, whole grains, bananas and even dark chocolate.
If you’re interested in improving your spinal health through chiropractic treatment, consider contacting Ripple Chiropractic.